- I seem to have a thing for lists recently. I think it's all the web coding I've been doing.
- I have a few people to wish a very Happy Birthday to - some are a little late, sorry! So, elen_ancalima and megolas, I hope you had lovely ones, and sbisson, I hope yours is similarly fab.
- Web server still down. Or rather, new server not up and running yet. Gaaargh. Naturally, I now really want to do all sorts of things that I need that server to be up for. Like post to my knitting blog, and read my blogroll. Why didn't I back that up into a feedreader? D'oh!
- I made my friend C some fingerless mitts for early-xmas. Apparently he liked them lots, because today I received a really nice webcam in return!!! Bweeeeeee! :-D I'm now all set up for video chatting on Skype - don't know yet if I can v-chat through Trillian, which is what I use for AIM/ICQ/MSN/Yahoo chattage. But if anyone wants to see my ugly mug and have a voice-natter (the camera has a built in mic), now you can.
- Must get on with the xmas knitting. I'm getting there, but I'm not done yet! Wish me luck...
- And talking of xmas, thanks to those of you who've sent me cards. *hugs* I... haven't sent any out this year. Thing is, I'm now on a really tight budget, and I can't actually afford the cards and stamps. Sad but true! Therefore, it's e-cards this year. Just as soon as I've made the graphics. *slacker*
- The knuckle joint of my left index finger hurrrrrts. Probably from the incessant knitting, unless I squashed it when I nearly dropped the printer. But I think it hurt before that. I reckon I need a splint. Or the wah-mbulance. *nod*
And now, have a meme:
I know very little about some of the people on my friends list. Some people I know very well. I read your journals, or we have something else in common and we chat occasionally. Some of you I hardly know at all. Some of you I don't know at all because I didn't friend you back (yet?). Perhaps you haven't been around for long, perhaps you lurk, for whatever reason. But you friended me and I thank you for your interest in my words.
But here's a thought: why not take this opportunity to tell me a little something about yourself. Any old thing at all. Just so the next time I see your name I can say: 'Ah, there's so and so...'
I'd love it if every single person who friended me would do this. Yes, even you people who I know really well. Then post this in your own journal and see what gems of knowledge appear.